Tuesday, December 4, 2018

The Women's March

Personally, my experience with social involvement was just as frightening as one would be while talking in front of a big audience. On January 21st, 2018 I decided to use my platform as a young, educated woman by partaking in The National Women’s March right here in Lansing, Michigan. To me, this movement was more than just a form of feminist activism. It was about women taking back their bodies in the #MeToo movements, along with power to the polls, showing how “women make up less than 25 percent of legislature” (Women’s March Michigan 2018), and other efforts to provide a transformative social change within our communities because the rights of women, natives, people of color, and members of the LGBTQ+ are human rights. The mission of the Women’s March showed me that I as a young female shouldn’t be offended by my body because of what I wear and that “regardless of race, gender, age, or disability, we have full protection under the United States Constitution” (Our Mission). As I walked through the streets of the march, I saw women and other believers of the movement working together to show that there is an inner circle of trust that cannot be broken no matter what struggles come their way. These people took it upon themselves, in a peaceful march without violence, to hopefully one day claim victory over equality for all those who live in America. being able to speak to others on the same agenda was eye opening, inspiring experience for me because I saw that all it takes is the willingness of others to make change possible. 
Image result for woman empowerment logo
Logo Needed for Women Empowerment ...freelancer.com













Image result for woman empowerment logo
Create logo for women empowerment ...99designs.com









No comments:

Post a Comment